Architectural acousticsRelationship between sound produced in a space and its listeners, of particular concern in the design of concert halls and auditoriums. Good acoustic design takes into account such issues as reverberation time; sound absorption of the finish materials; echoes; acoustic shadows; sound intimacy, texture, and blend; and external noise. Architectural modifications (e.g., orchestral shells, canopies, and undulating or angled ceilings and walls) may act as focusing elements to improve sound quality.
The AUDITION QUALITY of the music or speech depends on the room where you listen.
Reverberation, homogenous distribution of levels, the level of background noise, the intelligibility of speech, privacy, clarity, spatial impression. These parameters define the quality of audition.
The ACOUSTIC PROJECT consists in adjusting the acoustic parameter values to the specific function of the room. In order to achieve the right acoustic parameter values we define spacial geometric features, finishes and enclosures.
The acoustic study prepared by our team at least consists of the following sections:
- Internal geometry of the room and the stage.
- Acoustic scenic shell.
- Interior covering materials.
- 3D modeling of the space.
- Parameters estimation by simulation.
- Definition of wall sections and entrances.
- Construction details of the proposed solutions.
- Analysis and evaluation of the background noise.
The acoustic control is the supervision of the execution of designed acoustic solution. This is the best way to anticipate the problems that can occur, consequently optimize economic resources and minimize unexpected situations.
- Visits of the building site
- In situ tests of acoustic parameters
- Acoustic models. Monitoring and prediction of results
- Technical office. Details, structure, alternatives, costs …
With this measurements we intend the evaluation of acoustic properties, verification of project´s parameters and finally evaluation of suitability and acoustic quality of the locale.
- soundproofing and air noise distribution test
- soundproofing and impact noises distribution test
- test and measurement of background noise
- test of acoustic quality of the room
- Background noise
- Reverberation time – middle (Tmid) or immediate (EDTmid)
- Precision adjustment parameters
- Definition (D50)
- Intimacy (LF80)
- Warmth (RB) Brilliance (Br)
- Voice clarity (C50) and music clarity (C80)
The aim of this section shall be intend to avoid, prevent or reduce on a prioritized basis the harmful effects, including annoyance, due to exposure to environmental noise. To that end the following actions shall be implemented progressively:
- The determination of exposure to environmental noise, through noise mapping.
- Ensuring that information on environmental noise and its effects is made available to the public.
- Adoption of action plans based upon noise mapping results, with a view to preventing and reducing environmental noise where necessary and particularly where exposure levels can induce harmful effects on human health and to preserving environmental noise quality where it is good.
“Noise mapping” shall mean the presentation of data on an existing or predicted noise situation in terms of a noise indicator, indicating breaches of any relevant limit value in force, the number of people affected in a certain area, or the number of dwellings exposed to certain values of a noise indicator in a certain area.
“Acoustical planning” shall mean controlling future noise by planned measures, such as land-use planning, systems engineering for traffic, traffic planning, abatement by sound-insulation measures and noise control of sources.”
DIRECTIVE 2002/49/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT
- Stage Curtains
- Stage Rigging
- Dimming & Control
- Theatrical Lighting Instruments
- Sound equipment
- Communication equipment
- Professional video
- Feasibility Studies
- Design Management and / or technical project
- Administrative managements
- Management and control of deadlines, cost and quality
- Management of tendering and contracting
- Management and supervision of site jobs
- Security Coordination
- Time optimization and costs